On September 8, 2019, we will be hosting two short courses at UAH. We are still working out some of the details. Our UAV short course will be held in the morning and the Intro to AI and ML short course will be held in the afternoon to enable people to participate in both. Lunch will be provided between these two courses to anyone who participates in either or both of the courses.
- UAV Short Course: 8 am - 12 pm
- Lunch: 12 pm - 1 pm
- AI/ML Short Course: 1 pm - 5 pm
Intro to Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
Starting with a breakdown of the domains that exist in Artificial Intelligence, we will walk through a brief history of the work, learn by example some applications of machine learning, and build a few deep neural networks to solve a few problems. We will close with a discussion of current events and Q&A.
- How to Digest the Domain
- Shallow History of Deep Learning
- Data Science Overview & Examples (hands on code)
- Machine Learning Overview & Examples (hands on code)
- Deep Learning Overview & Examples (hands on code)
- Current Events - Data Bias - Ethics
- Wrap Up - Q&A
Intro to Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
This course is designed to introduce the elements of mapping with a unmanned aerial vehicle (UAS).
- Remote Sensing, Geographic Information Systems, and Photogrammetry
- Explore areas where sUAS have been deployed as a mapping tool
- Process aerial imagery and understand the use of 3D models, elevation maps, and geographically accurate imagery mosaics
- Conduct safe flight operations with important aerial photography considerations in mind to collect the quality information; the “when, where, and how to fly”